If you're paying attention you'll notice that I skipped ahead to week 19. I was looking ahead at what things I had left and realized I'd be could easily spend a lot of time looking at the Web 2.0 sites so I thought it would make a great weekend project. Here are some of the sites I played with.
- FwdItOn is a repository of funny emails that circulate around the net. I read a few funny ones but what I really want to know is why doesn't anyone send me the funny ones? I only seem to get the stupid ones.
- Arcaplay - I've spent way to much time playing games this weekend. Some of the games were fun but it was also just fun looking at the different games. Fleabag Vs Mutt was just funny. You are a dog that throws bones over a fence at cat. From what I can tell the point of the game is to hit the cat. There are some directions for the game but they are written in Korean. Connect 2, Blob Wars, and Rings were also amusing.
- I really enjoyed One Sentence. People submit a single sentence to the site that tells a story. I find it amazing how much can be said in a single sentence. Here's a few that I think really say a lot with just a few words.
- http://www.onesentence.org/stories/1970
- http://www.onesentence.org/stories/1886/
I had a lot of fun this weekend exploring the different sites. I'm not sure if all of these could be applied to a library setting but I'm sure folks would enjoy playing some of the games on Arcaplay. I think the concept of the One Sentence site could be turned into an interesting project by having patrons write a one sentence story about the library.
No comments:
Post a Comment