I love IM. I’ve probably been using it for 10+ years. In the early years I used it to chat with my parents now I use it at work and am always logged on. I like using it when chatting with friends because both of us can easily multi-task and have a relaxed conversation. As I’m writing this right now I’m also chatting with a friend.
I think it’s great when a library offers IM reference especially when something like the Meebo widget is used and the patron can ask questions anonymously. I think everyone at some point in their life has had a question that is too embarrassing that they don’t want to ask it is person or it deals with a private issue they don’t want other folks to know about. The Meebo widget is a great tool to allow patrons to ask all of their questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment